If you have any model Power Watchdog surge protector from Hughes Autoformers you can add it as a “sensor” to your RV Whisper Monitor Station.
The detailed instructions for adding a Power Watchdog are displayed in the RV Whisper app when you add a Power Watchdog using the “Add Sensor” feature.
If you are having trouble with your Power Watchdog working with your RV Whisper system, here are the troubleshooting steps you can follow:
- Make sure the Power Watchdog phone app is turned off on your phone. The Power Watchdog can only talk to one “Bluetooth Central” device at a time (your Power Watchdog phone app or your RV Whisper Monitor Station). You may need to temporarily “disable bluetooth” on your phone to make sure the Power Watchdog phone app has released its bluetooth radio connection to the Power Watchdog.
- Make sure your Power Watchdog has power. When the Power Watchdog is not plugged in, the Bluetooth radio on it does not have power either. Check your RV park’s power pedestal breaker.
- The Power Watchdog and RV Whisper Monitor Station (RVMx) need to see each other’s Bluetooth radio signals in order to communicate. You may need to move your Power Watchdog and/or your RVMx (RV Whisper Monitor Station) to get a clear signal – this is usually only needed in Class A RVs with ceramic tile floors. There are a bunch of bluetooth communication troubleshooting tips here: https://rvwhisper.com/2022/01/26/bluetooth-radio-signal-optimization-in-rvs
- Do not remove the Power Watchdog as a sensor and try adding it as a sensor again – this only deletes potentially valuable diagnostic data for RV Whisper support
- Do not uninstall the RV Whisper phone app and reinstall it – this will have no effect on the Power Watchdog integration
- Try updating the software on your RV Whisper Monitor Station (RVMx) by following the instructions here: https://rvwhisper.com/2022/05/24/software-update/
And finally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t get your RV Whisper Monitor Station and Power Watchdog working together.