- Battery Voltage*
- Battery Current (Amps, Amp Hours)*
- Battery State of Charge*
- Propane Levels*
- Door Security*
- Moisture Detection*
- Shore Power Voltage*
- Shore Power Wiring Errors*
(* Requires purchase of sensors that are not included with the Zero Sensor RV Whisper Monitor Station.
RV Whisper Launcher App is now available for Android and iOS:
Click to See Live Demo Sites
The RV Whisper® Monitor Station is built around a low-cost computer that can be installed easily by any RV owner. RV Whisper® is perfect for all RV enthusiasts — from the casual weekender, to the seasonal camper, and even the full-timer. The monitor station logs the data to its internal database so the data is always available in the RV. When WiFi is available in the RV with internet access, the monitor station data can be viewed over the internet.
Check out a demo of the RV Whisper® Monitor Station:
What’s in the box?
RV Monitor System
Each RV Monitor System includes:
- RV Whisper Monitor Station – a small computer with RV Whisper Monitoring software (black box in picture above)
- One Wireless Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- One Wireless Battery Voltage & Temperature Sensor
- USB Power Adapter
- USB Power Cord
- Our Handy Quick Start Guide
Why do I need RV Whisper®?
RV Whisper® has many features designed to bring you peace of mind in your RV:
- Track your RV’s indoor temperature on hot or cold days — especially useful for making sure your pets are safe while you’re away!
- Monitor your fridge and freezer for safe food storage temperatures
- Check your 12V batteries for low or high voltage, battery current and state of charge
- Check the propane tank levels remotely
- Receive email and/or text alerts when your RV door is opened
- Monitor your RV for water leaks
- Set text message and/or email alerts for when temperatures get too hot or voltages are out of range
- Display your RV data in a browser on your phone, tablet, or computer — no internet access is required to access your data when you’re near the RV Whisper® monitor station
- *If you choose to supply your own WiFi, you can check in on your RV over the internet!
A in-depth look at RV Whisper® Monitor Station features
View Current Data with Timestamps
See the latest data from all sensors in one easy to read page. Each sensor data point is displayed with the Timestamp of when that data value was stored. This lets you easily see when each sensor’s most recent data was collected. This is valuable for Pet Safety so you can immediately know the Inside Temperature and when that temperature measurement was logged.
Graph Historical Data (Data Logging and Graphing)
Simply click on any displayed sensor to see a graph of historical data for that sensor. For example, after clicking on the Inside Temperature icon a graph will be displayed of your RV’s temperature over the last 3 hours. You can change the graph start time and graph end time to easily display days, weeks or months of data from that sensor.
Historical data can help you understand why your RV freezer might become warm on occasion – for example, due to regular defrost cycles or power outages. And if your RV fridge struggles to keep your food cold on the hottest days, you can see exactly when that happens which may help you manage your RV refrigeration better.
This historical data feature is a favorite among seasonal campers who leave their RV at their favorite RV park for the season. When you are away from the RV for several days, or weeks, it is important to know that the fridge has been keeping your refrigerated items at safe temperatures the whole time you were away. Seasonal RVers also like to see the historical park power voltage that was logged – especially on the hottest days when demand from air conditioners can lower the AC voltage for everyone.
For boon-dockers who rely on solar power and generators to charge their RV batteries for days or weeks at a time, the historical data can provide valuable insight into how well their battery charging system is working. RV Whisper offers an upgrade to an integrated battery power monitor that tracks volts, amps and state of charge. If you have problems with your RV battery bank, the logged volts, amps and amp-hours data can provide valuable troubleshooting data to yourself and/or RV Technicians. Displaying a graph of your RV batteries’ voltage, current or state of charge over the previous few weeks can help you determine the root cause of battery issues.
Customizable Unlimited Alerting
Has the temperature inside your RV risen too high while you are away? Is battery voltage dropping too low or has shore power gone away? Customizable alerts can help an RV owner take action to correct a potentially unsafe condition. RV Whisper® Monitor Station alerting lets you take control of when to send email and text message alerts to meet your specific needs. Alerts can be sent as email to multiple email addresses and as text messages to multiple cell phone numbers. There is no limit on how how many Alerts can be configured and how many email addresses or cell phone numbers you send them to.
Internet Access brings Freedom and Peace of Mind
When RV Whisper® is connected to the internet via owner-supplied WiFi, all monitoring and alerting features are available no matter the distance between the user and the RV. As long as a remote user’s smartphone or other device has internet access, the user can securely access RV data online. For RV owners that already have an always-on WiFi router in their RV, the monitor station is just one more device that connects to it. For others, campground WiFi may be a good way to connect to the internet. And finally, leaving a phone or tablet in the RV with it’s mobile hotspot feature turned on can provide a good internet solution.
Always On: When Powered by 12V USB power adapter
The 12 Volt battery system is the most reliable source of power on most RVs. Most RV systems – propane-powered refrigerators, propane water heaters, 12 Volt lighting, slide motors, awning motor, and electric jacks – are typically designed to run off of the 12 Volt battery system installed in an RV. This allows an RV to be functional while traveling and when camping at sites without electricity.
Shore power can be unreliable at camp sites with electric hookups. When connected to the 12 Volt battery system the monitor station can continue data collection, logging and alerting even when shore power is lost. Remote access and alert features will work without shore power as long as the RV Whisper® monitor station uses a mobile hotspot or WiFi jetpack for internet access in the RV that is also powered from the 12Volt system.
If the RV has solar panels that keep the 12V battery system charged during storage, RV Whisper® can continually monitor data and provide remote access over the internet – especially if a 12V-powered MiFi-type solution is also running in the RV.
Overview of Features
- USB powered (recommended to supply USB power from the 12V battery with a user-provided 12V USB power adaptor)
- power consumption is 0.6 Watts (110 milliAmps at 5 Volts, or 50 milliAmps at 12 Volts)
- Multiple sensors supported
- Wireless Temperature and Humidity
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Power
- Shore Power
- Door Open / Close
- Water Leak
- View current sensor data
- View historical sensor data
- View data from smartphone, tablet, or laptop over WiFi
- Alerting based on customizable thresholds, such as:
- Fridge temperature too high
- Living area too hot
- 12V battery voltage is getting low
- Shore power low voltage
- If connected to internet through WiFi
- Alerts sent via email and/or text messages
- Securely view current and historical data over the internet with a smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- Change settings over the internet for appropriate user
- Role-Based Access Control
- Default roles of admin and viewer
- Admin user can create additional users and require passwords to view only users